Submit an abstract
How to submit ?
This meeting is entitled “News Horizons and Challenges in Translational and Applied Cardiovascular Science” and will address a range of topics including: vascular grafts, heart valves, tissue engineering, cell therapies, vessel diseases, tissue mechanics, molecular therapeutics, and others. ISACB is devoted to enhancing discovery, development and clinical translation of cutting edge biomedical science for innovative, state of the art cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutics. This is a unique society that brings together the best clinicians, engineers, and scientists from academia and industry with a mix of junior and senior investigators and trainees.
This is the ONLY option for abstract submission.
- Prepare the abstract in a single MSWord document following the guidelines below.
- Attach this document to an email with the “Subject” containing the first few words of the session that is most relevant to you (see below).
- Send the document to abstracts.ISACB2018@gmail.com.
Please select one category from this list to put in the “Subject” line of the submission email and also add it as the first line of the abstract document:
- Next Generation Vascular Grafts
- Biomechanics in Vascular Biology and Cardiovascular Disease
- Atherosclerosis, Arterial Remodeling, And Aneurysm
- Cell-Based and Other Biological Vascular Therapies
- Infection and Vascular Biomaterials
- Curing Heart Valves: Merging Clinical, Biological and Engineering Perspectives
- Applied Cardiovascular Biology in Industry: Translating Innovation into New Patient Therapies
- Other (only as a last resort)
Oral and Poster Preference:
Indicate on the second line of you abstract document the preferred method of presentation (oral, poster or oral/poster. Your preference will be noted by the reviewers. Final determination will be made by the Program Committee.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstract Body: within 2,500 characters (spaces included) (Times 12)
- Use “Introduction:”, “M&M:”, “Results”, “Discussion:” and “Conclusion:” headings, creating new paragraphs for each.
- Authors: up to 15 authors (but let’s be reasonable).
- Affiliations: up to 15 affiliations
The title should be brief and clearly indicate the nature of the presentation. Do not put a period at the end of the title. Use Times 12 bold.
Example for Title: This is a Properly Formatted Abstract Title
The authors should be listed in upper and lower case letters as follows:
- “First Name” “Middle Initial.” “Last Name” of each author
- The Presenting author must be the first author.
- Provide the corresponding institution of the presenting author, using number superscript.
- Complete contact information (affiliation, and e-mail) for the presentation author and that (affiliation) for other authors listed in the abstract must be included. Use Times 10.
May be included at the end. Please use a standard format as shown below:
References: Dupond D, Dupuis R. Biomaterials 11, 325, 2001.
Support from outside sources, such as Research Grants, should be listed here. Any conflict of interest must be clearly recognizable. The indication of outside support does not affect the decision of abstract acceptance or rejection.
If you are a Young Investigator (postdoctoral fellow, resident, graduate student or medical student), add “Young Investigator” two lines after the abstract. This will facilitate the abstract selections for the Allan D. Callow, M.D., Ph.D. Young Investigator Awards and the IdEx awards.
Cell-Based and Other Biological Vascular Therapies
This is a Properly Formatted Abstract Title.
Me M. Myself1, etc.
1My Lab, My Institution, My Country, email@example.com, etc.
Introduction: My very interesting work relates to this very important problem. Etc.
If the abstract must be withdrawn, the ISCAB 2018 Bordeaux office must be notified in writing at least ONE MONTH PRIOR to the Congress via e-mail to abstracts.ISACB2018@gmail.com
All abstracts will be accepted; however, presenting authors must be registered by the submission deadline (01/06/2018) or their abstract will not be reviewed. Note that the early bird rate deadline is 15/05/2018.
Abstract submission will be confirmed. Results of the scientific review will be sent out the 7 JUL at the latest. Because of possible last minute changes, exact dates of presentations cannot be guaranteed.